Bobbi is the protagonist of “Dress Shop Hop” game, a young woman working for a designer who doesn’t appreciate her work and puts her to do jobs that are not related with her position. Tired of that she decided to open her own fashion shop making clothes for her customers. So she invented the first custom made-to-order clothing shop, and there’s exactly where this game begins.
The first time you play the game a tutorial will show you step by step the basics of the game. The scenario is a typical fashion shop with some machines, mirrors, and stuff like that. Bobbi has received some help from her best friends putting the store together but now she needs your help to run the business. Let’s take a look what is this game about.
The basic idea is to sell the right clothes and make big bucks. You start by placing customers on the “analyzer” platform. If you match customers to the analyzer color you will get a bonus. You must meet your daily sales goals to stay in business, otherwise game is over. A hearts bar above the customers’ heads indicates their patience. You have to fill orders before your customers run out of hearts… or else they leave. Look at the order in the analyzer, then deliver the item. Analyzers show the order and you have to make the item as pictured. Happy customers throw “fashion tips” which you can use to upgrade your store. Making clothes is pretty easy. First you have to make the cloth, then the fabric and finally the print. Fabricators make the cloth, patternizers cut the shape and doodazzlers add prints.
When you enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Story Mode: this is one of the two modes available for playing the game. This mode recreates a background story in which you will go passing levels and winning prizes.
- Endless Mode: this mode has no levels or background story. You just keep playing as long as you can.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, mute all sounds, and full screen. From here you can also view the game credits.
- Help: this option leads you to a two cards help information to learn the basics of the game.
- High Scores and Quit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the MENU button on the screen to pause the game, go to the options menu, resume play, restart the level, go to the map, access the help, or go back to the main menu.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web. There are some special discounts for GameServer Members.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
• Windows® 2000/XP/Vista
• Processor: Pentium® III 700 MHz
• RAM: 128 MB
• Min Screen Resolution: 800x600
• Sound Card: recommended
• DirectX® Version: DirectX 7.0
• Available Disk Space: 15.2 MB
- Easy to learn how to play guided by the tutorial.
- Affordable price.
- It’s a very entertaining game, yet easy to play.
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game.
- Use on network is not supported